Forbidden Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am neither good, nor bad, neither angel nor devil, I am a man, I am a vampire. -Michael Romkey (I, Vampire)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rose
Admin
Rose

A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:22 pm

( post as COle later. people can post after me I'll just edit. )
The reel of memories started from the most recent to the day Grace had first seen Brad. She could almost taste the salt from the ocean water, as the roaring waves crashed one after another over her board. But through all the noise she had seen him like the first light of dawn, a flicker of light in a dark night, a glimpse of hope. She had thought that no memory could have been better than the one at the movie theatere, when she had first kissed Brad's perfect lips. But that memory was just so vivid, like she would always remember it. Grace could even now recall his scent then so fresh. Suddenly, she noticed something was wrong. The scent she had remembered from the beach had been laced with a salty tone, but the smell that was pushing determidly into her mind was stronger and tinged with a woodiness.
Grace's bright ornage eyes stared wide, as she flicked them open. He's here. What she had been waiting for ever since earlier that day in the woods had finally come to present.
With no thought, other than a need to be near her one and only love, the red head threw herself forward, hurtling towards the ground. At this speed, a normal human would have broken both legs, but, being a vampire, Grace landed agiley in a crouch, unharmed. Slowly straightening up, she hoped to God that her mind wasn't playing a cruel trick on her. Thankfully, another gust of wind sent Brad's scent splashing over her face, letting her know she wasn't imagining anything. Her eyes searched in frantic swishes for the shape she longed to see, and soon found him. There he stood, all perfection, standing on her porch.
" Brad," she whispered, knowing he would hear. A smile slowy spread across her face, and this time it was the truest she had shown in a long time.
Back to top Go down
https://coldbloods.rpg-board.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:12 pm

Jenna hugged her knees more forcefully now, the wind stinging at her face. She squinted as she continued to stare in the direction of the garage. A little garden was planted there, it flowers practically washed out and strewn around the yard. Hilda would take care of that when she came tomorrow, Jenna thought soundly. The porch swing came to a stop as the wind receded, leaving her slightly chilled and lonely. Oddly enough, it was a peaceful kind of lonely, like she didn't mind being alone. Come to think of it, she hadn't had one of those moments since her mother went to the supermarket when she was 16, leaving her alone to sit and wait. Jenna had wanted to explore the woods as she had done since she could walk but she stayed put, not moving from the balcony beside her room.
She smiled at the long-time memory, thinking of the time back then, when her eyes caught site of a car pulling in beside the garage. A flash of silver made Jenna squint. Brad immediately stepped out of Matt's car, and Jenna sucked in a big gasping breath. He had come back. Grace could possibly feel like herself again after all of this chaos. Jenna seriously hoped so. It was tiring her sister out, and she could tell that Brad was the only cure at this point. Jenna's smile widened at the site of Matt's silhouette in the shady car window of his Lamborghini. She stood up from the swing, her arms at her sides and her hair tousled by the slow lumbering wind.

(I don't have time to post as Skylar but if someone else wants to post in the Briggs coven, then feel free. Edited)

Last edited by Jenna on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.idk.com/idk
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:14 am

(Brad didn't take his car, only Matt did ;D)

Brad's knock went unanswered, though behind him he was being advanced upon. Turning his head to look over his shoulder, he saw her. At the sight of her, a flash of longing crossed his eyes. Though he quickly hid it and masked it with the no-emotion face, he knew it had been there. Turning his body now to face her, he took in her features again. They were almost unfamiliar to him; she was so different now than when he'd first met her. That day on the beach was engraved into his mind; every second of it as clear as if it were happening right that moment. Yet it was only a memory. "I thought the least we could do is talk," he said simply, his tone matching his blank face. A sound behind (?) him made him aware of the presence of Jenna. He turned toward her and his dim eyes met her bright golden ones. "Matt followed me here. He offered to take you somewhere while we talked."
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Grace's smile flickered for a moment, at Brad's face wich equally matched his tone. This wasn't right, such an expression shouldn't be in place on such a pleasing face. She then remembered why his face looked so strange; it was because of her, because of what she had done. The pure excitement and joy that seeing him again had made her feel had clouded out the painful memories. Rough, unatural kisses from someone she had never really wanted, an action that even now made her skin crawl and want to tear his clothes off at that very moment, a fight between the love of her everlasting life and her worst enemy, a turned back, slowly retreating into the dark forest, which had resulted in a acheing emptiness. All these things Grace had forgotten at the moment of Brad's appearance. ' I've never regretted anything more in my life,' she thought to herself, but staring straight at him.
" Of course," She replyed to both statements. She didn't want to be afraid of her sister overhearing there discussion, and so she was thankful for what Brad had done.
Having suprised herself at how clear and unwavering her answer to him had been, Grace started to feel a little bit more confident; confident that she wouldn't fall to peices in front of him. Walking steadily towards him, she stopped a foot away from him; just close enough, though, to be able to smell his warm scent. Standing there before him, only a silent expression of everlasting love lighting her face, Grace was determined to accept his choice. Of course she wasn't giving up, but it would be harder for Brad if she begged.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 am

Jenna nodded, pausing in her walk midway. Her gaze faltered to Grace and the memory lane of all she had been through in the last week her sister was probley walking just now. It even gave Jenna the slightest bit of wanting to be along with her sister while she talked to Brad. Although those thoughts of hesitation, she continued walking against the wind towards Matt's car, her hands at her sides again. Her eyes looked at the ground ahead of her, and then a smile proceded to spread on her mouth so she could give a happy face to Matt. She had been wanting to see him ever since Grace, Brad, and Loren fought in the meadow. He could give her the confort she needed, and she was glad he had tagged along. Jenna opened the Lamborgini door, breathing in the sweet scent of Matt's colonge and the new car smell that had disappeared from her mustang ever since Hilda decided to spray it with Lysol. She stepped into the passenger seat, pulling the blowing strands of hair from her face and shutting the silver door with a bang.

"It feels like it's been so long since I saw you last," Jenna whispered as if that was really needed. Grace and Brad would be talking however loud they wanted once herself and Matt were away. She breathed in a rush of air and glanced over at Matt.

(sorry it's kinda short. not my best post.)

-------

Running a hand through his hair, Skylar walked along with Meghan in the direction to the left. Loads of houses surrounded them, it seemed as if this was the side where most people lived. He kicked a pebble along the black cement and it tumbled down the incline to the feet of a rat terrier. The dog's ears perked up and it let out a small yelp as its leesh was pulled abuptly back. It's owner picked it up and stared at the pair, his eyes narrowed. Skylar, at least ten feet away, stopped in his tracks and took in the human scent like a pie on the windowseal. It beckoned him to come and eat the human, like the samples at a restraunt teasing you to come and eat some more. He was then reminded about his duty in this town and how the werewolves would probley declare war if they found out so he just took Meg's hand for safety and pulled her along ahead of the human and his dog who were retreating to a garage nearby.

"That was something back at the Klein house," Skylar said, breaking the silence. "I would have thought we derserved more of a welcome than that." He let go of Meg's hand once the human was out of site and little shops were on either side of them. A few were drug stores, some others just stores like Ross, Target, and grocery stores. His golden speckled eyes scanned the way for any life but on a friday night, the only one traveling the streets would be that human with his dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idk.com/idk
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Brad watched as Grace advanced upon him, making sure to keep up his mask of no emotion, though behind that mask, longing was ready to burst. He longed for her to be in his arms again, and for the hole in his heart to be filled, but how could he trust her anymore? He heard Jenna's footsteps and eventually the sound of Matt's car door open and close again. He turned for only a moment only to see the car pull out of the drive and speed down the road to meet the main one. Turning again, he looked down on Grace, not standing in front of him, an expression he'd seen many times from her before written on her face. Love. He inhaled deeply, then let out the breath slowly, flicking his gaze away to the porch below them. Right now he just didn't know.

------

Matt watched as Jenna made her way around, and hit the small button on his door that unlocked the pasenger side door. Once she came around the car to the other side, his eyes focused on Brad and Grace. Brad, as expected, had no emotion, but Grace, however, was making it clear that she still loved him. Matt sighed, but turned to look at Jenna when she entered the car and closed the door. He returned her smile and nodded at her words. "I know. And here I thought it was just me. Have any idea of where you want to go? I really didn't even think about it," he admitted, starting the car and pulling out of their drive. He made sure to avoid the subject that was most obvious; Grace and Brad. What would happen? Right now he didn't want to stress Jenna out about it anymore than she already was.

(Totally ran out of muse T.T)
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 am

( Going to powerplay just a little bit to make things go smoother. Oh and I'll get to posting as Cole soon, sorry )

Grace followed the silver car with her eyes, as it pulled out of the driveway. For minute she felt like running in front of it, and begging her sister to stay. But she knew that this was something she had to do by herself. It was a reaction that came from hundreds of years with Jenna by her side, she guessed. So turning back around, she prepared to go at it alone. Even though Brad's face showed barely any emotion, something about him seemed to give her hope, hope that he might still feel something towards other than hate and disgust.
Reacting to his eyes looking over at the porch, Grace guessed he wanted to sit down to talk. Although her hand itched to take his as she walked across to the swing, she hadn't hit that level of confidence yet. The back of the wooden swing felt stiff agaisnt her spine. Normally, she wouldn't have noticed, but all her senses were hightened because of her building anxiety. Brad's movements seemed as slow as a turtle's pace, as he joined her on the swing. Figuring that it would be best if she started, Grace tried to put together a speech that would bring him back to her.
" I'm not going to explain what happened between me and Loren anymore. I think you got the picture in the woods," She winced at her poor words. This was harder than she had expected. " What I'm trying to say....what I'm trying to explain, and I know I'm doing a horrible job of it....Is that, from the moment I saw you on that beach, you changed my life entirely; for the good of course. And in return, I messed up everyone ele's that I loved. I will never regret anything more than what I caused and did these last few days. But, I know one thing that I will never regret. I will never regret loving you, Brad. From that first day to the present, I've never stopped loving you. I want to spend the rest of my everlasting existence with you, Brad," Grace finished. And, taking one hand, she steadily placed it gently on his.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Brad watched Grace's movements as she made her way to the crookedy porch swing, attatched to the ceiling of the porch so that it could hover lazily over the ground. He slowly traced her steps, nearing the swing, and finally sat down on it beside her. Normally this would have been a corfort to have her so near to him, but things had changed. He listened to her words while he rested both elbows on his knees and drew his hands up to rest in front of his mouth, both hands creating the form or a relaxed fist. Her words brought the memories of the beach barreling straight back to him again, and yet they somehow hurt in their own small way. Lost in his own thoughts, he leaned back in the swing so that his spine was straightened against the hard back of it. He hardly noticed when she rested her hand on his. The movement felt so familiar, it took him a moment to realize, and he reluctantly pulled his hand away from her loose grasp. "I thought I did, too," he murmured quietly to her last words. Then, in a normal tone, said his next words. "If all that is true... Then why? God I hate that word." There was that word again. And just as painful as ever. He couldn't ever seem to get rid of that one single heartbreakingly powerful word. "Why did you ever go with him? I warned you about him, did I not? Or was that before or after you made out with him?" Well this was doing nothing for his mood.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Grace enjoyed the feeling Brad's hand on hers in a way that she shouldn't. It shouldn't feel like the first time, but it did. The texture of his cool hand sent pleasant shivers down her back. She could sit here forever, with her love next to her, and her happiness would never lesson. Unfortunately, Brad had other ideas. She could tell that, by touching his hand, she had made him feel at least a fraction of what her joy had been. Or at least he had felt the familiarity of her touch. Retracting his arm, Brad would never know what that little movement had done to Grace. He might have well have slapped her clear across the face. The pain was no less than if he had. He was rejecting her in the tiniest way possible and it was a horrible blow to her heart. You don't want me. The thought seemed so real, the vampire didn't know if she had spoken it or not. Every word he threw at her felt like a bullet, driving ever deeper, ever farther. She could no longer find the will to sit. Her hands pushed her forward, just enough to force herself upright. Her graceful stride took her only a couple paces to a tall, white column. Hands circling around its smooth, wooden surface, Grace clung to that column like her life depended on it.
" I was vulnerable because I had never let a complete stranger in my life before. I don't think I really beleived you could be real. Just turning up like that, I was more than suprised that day at the beach. The perfect being I had dreamed about since being a young, human child was actually real. So, I was foolish not to see what Loren was from the start. I was like a fumbling child, reaching her fingers out to the flames that seem so interesting and wonderful to her, but end up causing great pain," Grace said evenly, even though the urge to sob was strong. She could tell that the end was coming soon. Whether it be a horrible end or a glorious one, she knew not. But whatever it be she would face it headlong. Turning back to him, she prepared to face her hearts fate.
" If this be the end for us, I beg from you one last favor. Beleive me, Brad when I say I never loved him."
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:09 am

He could tell that he had made the wrong move by pulling his hand away almost instantly. He simply didn't know what to do right now. Loren had been his enemy. And he sure as hell still is. She went behind him to Loren, and, according to them both, had shared more. Brad shook his head slightly and leaned forward again to the position he was at before. The words she spoke standing beside the white column not far in front of him were the complete and utter truth. Even without mindreading he could tell that. She had truly never loved Loren. He just couldn't get over the fact that what she had done still stands, and nothing she can say will ever take that back. But she was trying so hard to tell him that she still loved him. Letting out a breath of hot air, he started. "That day on the beach..." He chuckled, though it was only a hollow mask of true laughter. "Do you have any idea how lucky I thought I was to have found you and Jenna? You didn't make it hard to see that you liked me, that's for sure. And Jenna seemed just the right person for Matt. When you asked me to come by and hunt with you guys, I was eager to accept. Maybe we'd be able to know more about each other then." He chuckled again, this time at just the memories, and it was a much lighter sound than before. "And then Valentine's day came. We went to the movies, Jenna met Matt, and we had our first kiss. That day's memories will never leave me." His small smile faltered and broke off abruptly from his face, remembering what happened after that day. "Then Loren came and screwed everything up." He sighed and shook his head again slightly from side to side, not knowing how to go on.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:41 pm

A cool wind blew around Grace, as her fingers dug into the fragile wood of the column. Her bright red locks whipped around her grief contorted face. Right now, it felt like that mere force of wind would send her flying, spirally through the air like a winter ravaged leaf that was torn from its safe hold. The same exact thing seemed to be happening to her. She was torn from her rock, Brad, and now she was all alone. The column, that she presently clung too, just couldn't satisfy her need for suport.
' No, I can't give up like this, not pitifully weak. Thats not the girl he fell in love with. I need to show him she's still here, and the thing that liked Loren is long gone,' Grace shouted at herself, scared into action by the beginning of her give up.
Taking a deep breath, she unlatched herself from the column, susprised that she didn't immedatly collaspe. Actually, she felt more solid than before, and her confidence rose with this knowledge.
" I know, I couldn't hide the fact, that day on the beach, that I was instantly in love with you. I was never one for openly noticeable feelings, but you've changed me Brad, for the good," Grace said softly as she advanced towards him. Sitting back down on the swing, she looked upon his bowed head. " I know it might take you a long time to forget what i did with him, and I know you might never. But all I'm asking from you is, maybe someday, you could learn to trust me again," she said, voice soothing and light. ' Your going to look at me, if I have to make you,' she thought with a slight smile. And, with the most gentle touch she could produce, she brought his chin up, so that he was facing her now.
" I'm still the girl you looked upon that day at the beach. I'm still the girl you kissed at the movies," and with that word fresh in her mind she closed the distance, that had before felt like a mile, but now seemed so small, with a kiss. Her hunger to be near him had produced the kiss, and now was the reaspn why she couldn't get close enough to him. Her body pressed ever closer to him and her fingers slid past his to to be placed around his neck. Any day dream she had had couldn't compare to this, actually kissing him. The others before this were small in reflection, cruel mimicks of something greater. The longing and hopefulness on Grace's part was just too great.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:26 pm

The silence that seemed to consume the both of them felt immense. It felt like a never ending sea of silent darkness had engulfed them both and forbit any sound to escape. It was pressing against him on every side, and for once he was at a loss for words. That was unnatural for him; he was Brad. The easy-going funny guy that everyone loved. But right now he felt like a depressed teenager who found fomfort in their room and thoughts. He sighed to himself and dropped his head slightly to where he was looking down at his feet instead of straight forward. "I know, I couldn't hide the fact, that day on the beach, that I was instantly in love with you. I was never one for openly noticeable feelings, but you've changed me Brad, for the good," she murmured softly, detatching herself from the wooden column in front of him. Brad didn't have to look up to know that she sat down beside him; the motion of the swing told him that much.

Then he felt her touch; soft, gentle fingers on his chin, making his head rise and face her. He didn't resist, and let his golden eyes meet her new orange eyes. Pain, saddness, regret, and hate were all present within those eyes, though there was also others. Love, hope, concern, and worry. And they were all directed at him. "I'm still the girl you looked upon that day at the beach. I'm still the girl you kissed at the movies," she whispered even quieter, and before he could reject, she closed the distance between them with a kiss. The motion and feeling were both so familiar, it seemed impossible that things had changed so much. First being surprised, once he felt her hands on his neck, his eyes slowly closed and he relaxed in her grasp. Raising one hand up, he placed his right hand on her back and drew closer, letting the emotion and instinct control him

Realization made him snap out of it, and Brad quickly turned away and stood up abruptly. Turning around quickly, he faced Grace with anger coloring his eyes. "Dammit, Grace!" He shook his head and turned around to grasp the railing beside the column she had only recently been clutching. Turning his head, he downcast his eyes and the anger melted from his features. "You make it so hard to stay mad at you, you know that right?" he asked in a much lighter tone than before, still looking away. His eyes found her's again, over his shoulder. "No, you aren't the same girl from before." He turned his body to face her now and continued. "But it's going to take me some time to get over that, okay?" His features softened. "I still love you, Grace... I really do. I just don't know how I'm ever going to trust you again."
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Grace almost smiled, with Brad's lips pressed comfortably agaisnt hers, when he didn't immediatly push her away. She had taken a risk in kissing him, but it was a risk she couldn't have standed not to take. The emotions she felt flowing from him were beautiful to say the least. For the first time she could picture everything going back to the way it was. She and her love inexplicably happy, watching the blossoming love between Jenna and Matt. No more Loren, no more Brigg's coven, just the two of them, forever.
"Dammit, Grace!" Brad uttered, shaking his head. Her thoughts on the future were put on pause, as she wondered what had she done wrong. She thought that he had enjoyed it, but maybe she had been so desperate for something that she had read it wrong.
One long pale arm reached out to him, but became useless when Brad quickly got up and walked over to the railing. Letting it drop, Grace wondered waht she should say next. But then his eyes were on her again and she found any words that had been forming were swept away. "You make it so hard to stay mad at you, you know that right?" Grace smiled with releif at his lighter tone. She had actually been told that before. She and Jenna had been fighting a couple of years ago and she had run up behind her annoyed sister and given her a big bear hug. Their feud ended that day.
"No, you aren't the same girl from before." Brad continued, turning to face her. The place where his hand had conected with her back suddenly seemed to have a heat of its own. One minute he seemed like he was forgiving her and the next he seemed angry again. She didn't know how long she could take this.
"But it's going to take me some time to get over that, okay?" The anger and seriousness seemed to dissapear, for at least a little while. "I still love you, Grace... I really do. I just don't know how I'm ever going to trust you again." Standing up, Grace walked over to where Brad stood.
" I'm not asking you to forgive me instantly.; I've done too much for that to even be possible. All I want is for you to exercise the idea that maybe you could trust me again," Grace spoke, her voice a sweet melody. Checking to see if what she was going to do next would be received well, she place her hands on his chest and her head soon followed. It felt so right, she let out a sigh of content. " You have no idea how much I've missed this," she voiced, her voice coming out in a hushed whisper.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

"I'm not asking you to forgive me instantly.; I've done too much for that to even be possible. All I want is for you to exercise the idea that maybe you could trust me again," Grace said quietly, the sound of her approaching him reaching his ears. He looked up and once again met her gaze. How could he ever stay mad at her? It was impossible. He hadn't forgiven her, but it was clear to him that he still loved her, and nothing was going to change that. No matter what happened, he'd always love her, whether he wanted to or not. This whole thing had been a huge obstical to overcome, and Brad himself was still stumbling over it, but he knew without a doubt that time would fix everything, and he'd find a way to forgive her and trust her again, just like he had before.

Feeling her hands on his chest, he looked down at her with a careful face. "You have no idea how much I've missed this," she whispered, lying her head where her hands had just been. Slowly, Brad's arms raised, and finally they reached around her back to hold her in an embrace, his head coming down to rest on top of hers. "Funny, I thought that was just me," he murmured lightly, feeling her chest expand and a happy sigh escape her lips. His eyes narrowed as he thought and enjoyed this moment at the same time. "I honestly thought I'd never come back... I didn't know how I was ever going to come back to you after all of this," he admitted quietly. A small chuckle broke loose. "I really am stupid." He drew his head back and instead placed his lips on top of her head. "But it's impossible for me to be away from you for long. It's impossible to stay mad at you. I love you. So much that you can't even begin to imagine."

(Bah it's all short-like. T.T)
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:05 pm

( wow twi I fell in love with that POST lol )

The feeling of Brad's arms circling around her slowly, but still moving was familiar and yet totally new to Grace. They could never go back to the first few innocent days of their relationship, too many things had happned to allow that. But every good partnering had its ups and downs and their's decided to get them over with at the start. So, what she enjoyed as her dear one's arms seemed to cradle her very soul, was a strange kind of love. It was a love that had been through turmoil, sadness, anger, hurt, and betrayal. And yet, through it all they still stood. Such a bonding had proven itself to be a strong one.
Too caught up in listening and memorizing what Brad was saying, Grace didn't recognize the un-even breathing, tightness of throat, and feeling of something uselessly trying to leak out of her eyes for what it was. " I've never cried so much in my life, not even when I was able to actually to make tears," Grace spoke thickly, but with a added watery giggle. The welcome smiled were now back, and hopefully they would stay at least for a couple more years. Sliding her hand up to his face, she gently stroked from his flawless cheek to the edge of his hair line.
"Quos amor verus tenuit, tenebit," She added. Standing here in this place, so near him, she would be be content to stay here until the end came, whenever it did
( My Latin phrase means True Love will hold on to those it has held )
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Panic was ever apparent on this vampire's face as he dashed through the woods for the home of Grace and Jenna. His mind was in a frenzy, recalling what had just happened back at borders. He was cursing himself mentally for what he could have done. He had been weak. He couldn't protect her. He didn't do what he'd promised himself he'd do forever. She'd gotten away in the grasp of his enemies, and now lives were at stake. All ecause he screwed up. This whole mess was because of his weakness. His face was shouded in a shadow that seemed to follow him, no matter what light passed by. His eyes were deep in thought, trying to think of a way to save them both. His heart was telling him to risk it all for Jenna, his love, but after all the years with Brad there was no way he'd be able to sacrifice his best friend. Brad was no only a friend, but a mentor. He'd taught him everything he knew about being a vampire, and Matt owed him for that. Just the thought of Jenna in their evil clutches made him angry. They were all going to pay, no matter what happened to himself, he was going to make sure that Jenna was going to be safe. He was nearing their little house in the woods. He'd left his car in the Border's parking lot, finding it faster to just run than drive. He was as fast as any car anyway, it would just slow him down. And time was somehting he couldn't lose right now. There was too much at stake. Nearing the clearing that marked the house, Matt slowed so he could stop without plowing right into the side of the building. There he encountered Brad and Grace, in a loving embrace. The sight tugged at his heart, once again reminding him of Jenna. It seemed that Brad was able to forgive Grace afterall. But now was no time for that; they had to act. Coming to a halt on the porch, his golden eyes searched their faces desperately, trying to sum everything up in only a few words. Instead, he just resorted to telling the entire story. "Jenna," he started. Well that was brilliant. One more try. "We were at Borders, and four vampires came in. One knocked me aside, and the other, being Loren, froze me in place. They took Jenna." He was practically shouting, not being able to control his voice. He didn't know what he was going to do. "Loren told me that if we don't come within a day to his house, they'll kill her. " He shook his head both at that and the next piece of information he was going to give them. "He said that if you don't come without a struggle then they won't release her. They want you for her."

-----

Brad sighed, making his chest expand and shrink with the motion. His eyes were closed, enjoying the moment. It had felt like forever since he'd been able to hold her in his arms. He honestly didn't think he'd ever be able to do it again, after what had just happened recently. He opened his mouth to speak again, grinning at her Latin statement, when a rustle of footsteps interupted him. He opened his eyes, still keeping his hold on Grace, to see Matt. The look on his friend's face was enough to shock him. Brad raised his head and broke away from Grace, turning his full attention to Matt. "Where's-" he began, but Matt beat him to it, explaining what had just happened at Borders with Jenna. And Loren. At the sound of his name, Brad produced a snarl that was enough to make anyone afraid. He'd had enough of him to last forever. With the rest of the explanation finished, Brad could understand Matt's anger and panic. Especially when he said that Loren wanted himself for Jenna's freedom. Brad stared at Matt as if this all had to be a joke. Loren would never be this desperate. Though it was just like him to come up with some twisted plan like this. Surely it was a joke. Jenna had to be hiding somewhere nearby... But he could detect no thoughts from her anywhere nearby, and Matt's emotions were true. That much was obvious. Okay, so this wasn't a joke. So that meant they had one day to act. To come up with a plan. Thinking over countless scenarios in only a matter of seconds, Brad came up with no rational plans that would ever actually work. No ideas he had would turn out with both he and Jenna in safe hands, and Loren destroyed. Brad straightened himself and kept his eyes on Matt, not daring to see the look on Grace's face, when he said his next words. "I'll go," he said simply. "Alone."
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Grace would recall later a saying that multiple years of reading and learning had made her aware of. It went a little like this. ' A moment can seem so perfect, so utterly peaceful. But nothing is ever perfect, with terrors lurking around the corner.' Upon coming on this certain writing, she had been shocked at the depression instilled in only a few sentences. The writer was anonymous so she wasn't able to research what had occured to this person to make them write such a dark thing.
After a couple hours, she had happened upon another one, a more cheerful one. Her new find had driven the old one completely out of her mind. She never knew that one day, many years later, when there was no voices left to distract her depressiong thoughts, she would recall the quote. And this time she would understand enexplicably and completely how the creator felt.
Grace had a lover who now looked upon her with a most pleasing gaze, she had a dear sister who was happy, she had somewhere to live. All these things added up to her idea of a perfect life. Not just a perfect moment, a perfect life. Loren was gone for all she knew, the Briggs coven could come back now that she had Brad back, and any other problems seemed to have been solved.
And yet there was something, as she stood, her head on her love's strong chest, his arms tight around her. Something that was poking at her trying to wake her from this dream like haze. But she didn't want to be woken. Shooing away the annoying feeling, Grace smiled, her eyes closed in extreme happiness.
Suddenly, she felt a movement at the edge of her mind. Not a mental movement, something outside of her consciouness was moving, fast. It was Matt. Her smile still glowing bright, she turned out of Brad's arms.
" So, you beat Jenna here, did you? I'll tell you from experience, she's somewhat of a sore winner," Grace giggled, remembering the countless tantrums. Poke. The feeling was back and it was more of a slap this time then a poke. Something was missing from this picture. Matt didn't look like he had just won a friendly competition agaisnt his hearts desire. Actually, he looked down right torn in two with some deep anguish. He wasn't the bright eager boy that she had met and helped to set up with her sister.
'My sister,' she thought. It was like a light switch had been flicked on after a long nights rest. A hard, almost painful awakening.
" Jenna," Grace whispered out, almost a question, almost a calling. Her grin fell immediatly into a expression almost identical to one a person might be wearing as the were told they had a week left to live. A relization so sudden, so painful, so horrible it didn't seem right.
And then Matt was explaining everything, every tiny detail. The first word that Grace really caught was Loren. ' But, he's susposed to be gone,' she thought, almost stupidly. But then again why would he? He had been humiliated and would obviously want revenge. How hadn't she seen this coming.
The second word was 'took'. Who had been taken? 'Not Jenna of course. My Jenna would make to much of a fuss for even Loren to deal with.'
Cole.
The Brigg's coven was obviously still in town, and that plus the fact that Grace herself had most rudely snubbed them was not a very good thought. It wasn't at all impossible that Loren would stumble across them. And they had Cole, who had been rejected by Jenna, and that had obviously scarred somewhere down deep. 'Deep enough to hurt Jenna, though?'
"Loren told me that if we don't come within a day to his house, they'll kill her. " Matt's voice was hysterical and way too loud. If Grace had had any doubt of the truth of this cruel tale, his face would have cleared it up before such a doubt could even become thought. They were going to kill his love if they didn't go and he could do nothing but bring that message.
The whole time he said this his face was directed towards Brad.
"He said that if you don't come without a struggle then they won't release her. They want you for her." The we in Matt's telling had turned to a you. ' God, why couldn't it have just stayed we.'
"I'll go," Brad said, his deep voice cutting through everthing. "Alone." These words set off a flying frenzy like no other could. He most definitly would not go alone. It was obvious that Loren was going for a kill, and Grace wasn't going to let Brad walk to his death, just like that. She could have said a million things in response to a statement as ludicrous as that. She could have been poetic, inspiring, even angry. It was more of a mix of the three.
" No. Not after all I've been through to get you back. Lets think this over before any goes off and kills themselves," Grace said so calmly it scared her. But really this is what she did. Greive uncontrollably on the inside, make a genius plan on the outside.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:22 pm

As Grace responded, Brad shook his head. He'd already gone over everything in his head. He couldn't come up with anything that would free Jenna and ensure his safety aswell. He knew she'd reject his answer, but honestly he knew it was the only way. Matt was simply staring at the both of them, his face shrouded in anguish. His only thoughts were of Jenna, and if she was going to be safe. Brad sighed. He couldn't stand Matt to feel that way, and he knew Grace was feeling the same way, despite her calm exterior. Brad turned to face Grace, taking each of her shoulders in his hands as he met her gaze. A small smile eventually found its way across his face, and he opened his mouth to speak. "Grace," he said simply, admiring shining in his voice. Even in the toughest situations she always seemed cool and collected, and that's what he liked about her. One of the many things, at least. "You know as well as I do that there simply is no other way. I know Loren. I've known him for a long time. And I know for a fact that he will carry out his demands, wether we show up or not. He won't play around." His face turned serious as he continued. "He will kill Jenna. If we don't act fast, he may just do it before our time is up. If we try any tricky stuff, she'll die. He won't play around. Loren is no one to mess around with... And, well... It seems he's finally won this time." That carefree smile returned ot his face. He knew he was going to give himself to them even if Grace disagreed. He knew Loren well; there was no other way around it. His smile once again dissolved from his face, and his golden eyes searched her firey orange ones. She was trying to hide her emotions of how she truly felt. She was trying to put on a calm outer shell in order to be strong for the rest of them. He admired her for that. "Remember when I told you before that if it came down to a fight between the two of us that I didn't want you in it? I was talking about now. I was telling the truth before. I can't risk losing you, and I won't. I will not let you get hurt. That's why I'm going."
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:17 pm

The air was so still, not even a friendly breeze would bring itself to interrupt such a grim situation. Grace would have welcomed any distraction, any disruption that would perhaps take her mind off of creating a plan that would keep Brad safe, but at the same time would guarantee Jenna's well being as well.
‘Was does he always have to be so stubborn,' Grace thought somewhere in the back of her mind; the part that wasn't still trying to put together the perfect plan. No matter how she stuck it, the numbers always came out the same. ‘Still doesn't mean I have to give into it without a fight. Ok, he wants to be stubborn, I'll show him stubborn.'
The feeling of his strong hands on her was bitter sweet. She was going to try her hardest to keep him from throwing his life away, but there was always the nagging feeling that her efforts would be for nothing. And then Brad smiled, and she almost forgot what she was worrying about. Of course, he would make it out. No one as could as he was deserved to day like this. Nonetheless, when he spoke, his words were determined, but Grace could tell that he wasn't planning on coming out of this. He was going to go down fighting; a hero's death.
She had been calm through many ordeals just as dreadful as this one. Changing Jenna had been one of those, and the whole time Grace had never shown a ounce of stress; her facade had stayed complete. And then there was the long stage when her sister was still a newborn. Keeping her away from humans and seeing her in anguish at the same time had been tormenting to Grace's heart. She already loved Jenna dearly and seeing her in so much pain had practically torn her maker apart.
However, the stress of the past events plus this new, more prodigious catastrophe had pushed her to her breaking point.
The way Brad had practically written his own death certificate, though, had been the thing that pushed her over the edge. Her face crumbled along with her calm exterior. The storm of turmoil, that had been wreaking havoc inside her, now was let to take over completely. Grace could feel the starts of the sobs that would soon become uncontrollable.
“You say that you don't want me hurt, Brad. But in this your going to not only hurt me immensely, its going to literally kill me," Grace spoke her eyes the only steady thing about her. " I love Jenna as much as if she was my own flesh and blood, but, on the other hand, my heart belongs to you," Her hands came up to cover her face, as she turned away. Taking a step away, she looked back.
“There must be some other way we can do this; there always is. Jenna will find a way to get out of wherever they're holding her, or I'll follow behind you, while Matt gets Jenna," She scrambled for pieces of strategies not thought out. “Just don't go. I've already lost you once, and I'm not planning to do lose you again," Grace finished, her eyes, dark with a sorrow so deep, were pleading.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:41 pm

"But it'll hurt you more if you lose Jenna," Brad finished the scentence for her as she turned around, her face in her hands, and broke his hold on her. His face grew serious again, and he turned toward Matt. He may very likely be saying his last goodbyes to his friend. Brad's eyes were hard as he met Matt's eyes, and Matt returned the expression. A silent conversation went on between the two, neither of them having to say a word. Matt finally showed the first signs of emotion, and his eyes grew pained, before he turned away, staring at the grass byond the edge of the porch. Brad sighed mentally and turned his attention back to Grace. Loren had given them a day. That was time he had to spend with Grace. He shook his head at her words, and that small ghost of a smile played on his lips. Though it was hollow, and didn't reach his eyes. He took her hand and led her inside, leaving Matt by himself, lost in his thoughts. Brad walked up the stairs, towing Grace the entire way. Memories flashed back to him. He entered her white room and opened the window gently, just as she had only a few days ago, before Abigail had come and sort of ruined their moment. He gave her a knowing smile and exited out on the roof, where he had sat that morning before Loren had showed up and everything was perfect. Now it seemed everything was flowing by too fast to grasp. Time was simply flitting by now, paying no mind to these vampires whose world had been turned upside down. Staring out into the depths of the forest, watching how the leaves happily fluttered in the small breeze, clinging to the tree, it was almost impossible to think that right now Jenna wasn't safe, and that she was in danger. A break in the clouds above made a small ray of sun beam down upon Brad, making his skin glitter and shine, producing small rainbows on the dark shingles of the roof. His eyes were distant, as their golden depths looked blankly at the green foliage before him. His face was so still he could have been a statue. Even his breathing stopped. He simply wasn't moving. "I can't believe this all happened within just a couple of days," he murmured quietly, barely moving his lips.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

( God this was a bad post sorry no muse at all )
Grace was on the verge of crying out that she didn't want to lose either of them, when she noticed Brad looking over at Matt, as if saying goodbye. The pain on Matt's face seemed only to just then sink in. He was experiencing the same pain she was, except he'd had no warning. They had just come in and taken his love right out of his life. At least, Grace had these last few moments with Brad, even if she didn't agree with him going alone.
Having aparently finished the silent exchange, her only love pulled around and took her hand. Things just felt so right when she was touching Brad, and to think that she might not be able to ever hold his hand ever again. The thought sent a sharp ache straight to her heart. Trying to enjoy her time with him, Grace readily followed him up the stairs, into her room, and to the open window. A flash of a genuine smile, laughter, care free embraces. Scenes from the last time she had been here with Brad flashed back to her. It was almost amazing how different the circumstances were.
In one smooth jump, Grace pulled herself through the window and onto the somewhat damp roof. Sliding over to sit next to him, she laid her head lightly on his strong shoulder. The clouds seemed to be somewhat thin today, and, even as she thought of it, a ray of sunlight escaped the gray mass. The soft light alighted on Brad's flawless skin, causing small diamonds to show themselves. Looking down, Grace saw that her skin was a exact match to his.
"I can't believe this all happened within just a couple of days," he murmured quietly, barely moving his lips. She nodded her head in silent agreement. Her motionless arms ached to bring Brad in close, but she found that she might explode in a fit of sobbing if she moved.
" Its almost cruel,"Grace whispered, after a few moments. Things had just been so perfect, and then they had turned into a sick twist of fate. She felt like running out and killing Loren right at that moment, and, at the same, time, she felt a need to stay right where she was. ' I'm going to miss you so much. I can't beleive I'm even letting you do this,' Grace thought, finding it easier than speaking. But, deep down she did know. No matter how much she willed it not to be true, Jenna was in danger and none of it was her fault. She could just picture her beloved sister, scared to death, wondering if help would come. And of course it would. Brad was willingly giving up his safety to save her sister, and that in it self just made it harder for her to let him go.
" Brad," The agony filled sob came up suddenly. Grace curled into him, bringing her body closer to his, drawing in his beautiful scent. This was going to literally kill her in the end.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:01 pm

"It's almost cruel," he heard her whisper, her head against his shoulder. He felt so comforted by her presence; like the fog in his mind lifted when she was near him. He felt like he could think more clearly. And at this moment, that was definately what he needed. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, letting his uneeded oxygen out slowly as he drew it out in a long, mind-clearing sigh. This was more than likely the last moment he'd have with Grace. No matter what she said, he would not let Jenna be hurt on his behalf. He'd started this with Loren all that time ago, and now it was here to bite him in the butt. Again. Only this time it didn't seem like he was going to make it out alive. Loren had been right earlier. The one who wasn't going to live was Brad. Opening his eyes slowly, he caught Grace's mental words that seemed to echo throughout his mind. I'm going to miss you so much. I can't beleive I'm even letting you do this, she said. He turned his head toward her slightly, still keeping his chin on his hands, as she said his name and curled into him, sobs rocking her body. Brad shifted his position and took her in his arms, resting his lips atop her head similar to the way he had before. "I know," he murmured quietly. "But I have to. Jenna won't have a chance if I don't." He inhaled, her scent filling him, before letting it out slowly again as he had done only moments ago. A light breeze whispered quietly through the trees and ruffled the top of his head with the smallest, slightest motion. It was a welcome feeling, because for a moment the wind had completely subsided. This could not be happening.

(Tiny D;)
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:43 pm

( Sorry about the lateness. Been caught up in a loud of rubbish )

Grace vaguely felt a light breeze flow across her face. Her agony was so strong and almost determined to kill her right there, she really wasn't that much aware of anything. Her surrounding seemed to have melted into one big pit of dispair, and she had been carlessly thrown into it. Ever falling, knowing that it had no bottom, she knew that there wasn't going to be a ending to this tragic tale. She'd always feel this way; lost and no hope of being found. No matter how much she would want to kill herself if things turned out the way they looked, she wouldn't even be able to acheive that joy. She had to be here for Jenna, and, expecially since this was all for her, it would be cruel to her sister. But it didn't keep Grace from wishing that she could just end the pain. Any life that didn't have Brad in it just seemed to lack way too much.
So, now where was she? What ever cruel, sick, twisted being who had turned Grace's tables, she hoped he was getting whatever he had wanted out of her pain. Because she sure wasn't enjoying this; actually the exact opposite. Her long, pale fingers seemed to cling tighter to Brad every time a new wave of anguishing thoughts broke over her, ruthlessly. He was her solid rock in this life, and soon......cringe.....might not be there to cling to anymore. ' Might, just cling to that word Grace. Even if it turns out to be completely worthless, at least you still have that,' She practically shouted at herself. She was right, of course. Brad wasn't dead yet and she was spoiling what time she had left with him. Suddenly she felt ashamed for almost losing total control; much longer and she surely would have.
With a hard blink, Grace really opened her eyes. Through all her exhausting and painful reveries she hadn't been able to handle the outside world with her inside world. So, now as she looked out over the tops of the tall, pine trees a shock went all the way down her spine. No. The sun had almost completely dissapeared behind the great forest. Suddenly, a great lump felt like it had been lodged deep down in her throat. She was having trouble with keeping in her desperate sobs even more than before. Just remember 'might'.
Her mental scolding having restored her back to more stable ground, Grace nuzzled her head agaisnt Brad's smooth neck. Locking away his scent, she let out a sigh as she accepted the fact that there time was over. God, it hurt but she was able to miraculously hide it. Even as she was sobbing in a hysterical, almost embarrasing way inside, outside she was falling back into her calm, familiar shell.
A million phrases came to mind; words that would assure herself as well as Brad that she was okay. But instead she turned her eyes upward.
" Guess you have to go." It was almost ridiculous how much different her voice was from her calm facade. Her voice actually showed the strain of the past vew hours, of the agony that had been endured and buried away to be delt with when the worst happened. Kicking herself mentally for letting her pain show, she tried out a hesitant smile to show Brad that she was okay. 'Why am I doing this; hiding my true feeling? Why is it so important for him to beleive that I'm going to be fine?' Things were going on inside her that she was only just relizing she didn't really understand; it wasn't a altogether good feeling, not knowing why you were doing something. It was like someone had taken the steering wheel, but Grace was still in the front seat, just no longer in control. Even as she tried to search for the cause of her unconscious actions, she already knew that she wouldn't find it. Her mind never cooperated.
Her fingers miraclously detached themselves away from Brad's arms, as Grace broke the tight embrace. There day dream like afternoon was obviously over, and now was the time to face the music.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Hearing no response from Grace, he took it that she was concentrated on thinking rather than speaking. A silence fell over them, only broken by the occasional slight rustle of leaves in the trees close by. It wasn't an awkward silence, but instead it was filled with unspoken words and phrases that they never were able to say to each other. Emotions were floating around in that silence, feeling like a huge weight was on his shoulders. His golden eyes were on the horizon; the sun getting closer and closer with each waking moment. He didn't have much more time. Closing his eyes again, slowly, he reached into his mind. He could hear her thoughts; how sad and horrified she was, and in response to that he tightened his embrace even more. Another thought was floating around his sub conscious, and he latched onto it, leaving Grace's to murmur and sit in the back of his mind, as Matt's thoughts were reached. His friend was in equal distress, but right now what he was thinking about was Jenna. He knew Brad was still alive and safe, if not for just a few more minutes, but Jenna was in immediate danger. Loren had her in his hands, and she didn't have him there to protect her. Not that she wasn't strong; but against four other vampires, she didn't have a chance. Matt's mind was replaying what happened at the bookstore, and Brad was given a play-by-play of how everything happened. Loren had used his power to freeze Matt, the most dangerous, and let the others get away with Jenna. Matt's mind was seething and anger boiled up at that memory; of how helpless he was to do anything to help her. He could do nothing but watch as she was dragged away, out of his line of sight, and left with Loren. At the sight of him though Matt's mental eye, Brad mentally snarled. This was the face of his enemy; the face of his rival. This was the man he was about to be killed by. Or tortured. Brad had no idea what Loren would do when he surrendered. Would Brad be killed instantly, or tortured out of amusement, then be killed later out of boredom?

Grace's voice made him leave Matt's troubled mind to come back to his own, back with the one he loved, and possibly the last time he'd ever see her. "Guess you have to go." Her voice was strained and choked out, as if she were about to cry. Brad looked down at her only to see her calm face, and when she retured his gaze, she smiled. Instead of returning her smile, Brad frowned as she pulled away from his embrace. "You should know better than to try and put on that mask," he said, reaching for one of her hands. He had to touch her somehow; it was the only way he could tie himself down right now and think clearly. "Your mind is scrambled and sad." He reached up and gently touched her left cheek with his right hand, his eyes firmly locked with hers. There was not a smile on his face, nor a frown, but a serious and worrying expression. "Don't be sad. Jenna's coming back." His small touch, where his fingers just slightly caressed her skin, extended to cup her face in one strong, careful hand. "You're making this harder for me. I love you, and I already told you; that will never change. I will always love you."

He held her there for a moment longer, savoring this moment thoroughly, as much as he could, before finally moving his hand away from her face. It pained him, but, after one more second, not a milisecond more, he stood, releasing his hold on her. When he stood and made sure he wasn't going to fall off the slanted surface of the roof because of sitting so long, he rose his head up to peer through the trees at the orange and purple sky beyond. This was his last sunset. Slowly, without moving his body, he turned his head to look down at Grace. A pained flicker of regret washed through his eyes before returning to normal, and he face forward, took a step forward, and fell off the roof. He took a casual step; as if he were walking on solid ground, but there was nothing but air underneath him. He fell, and brought his feet together, to land perfectly with a single thud.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Grace wasn't susprised when Brad saw straight through her mask. They were too finely tuned to each other for her to have even the slightest chance of hiding anything. But she'd at least tried; in the end she wanted to remember a happier time. Maybe she could just block out all the bad things that had happened, only leaving the good ones. 'Of course I can't. I don't think he's been more beautiful or more precious to me then at this moment.' And, in her eyes, he was. As Brad's hand gently breathed across her soft cheek, his face seemed to have a light of its own. To her, he looked like some avenging angel going out for a days worth of demon killing. However, this time it seemed like evil had one. Grace's smile fell finally and copied almost exactly Brad's expression.
Something twitched inside her as she sat looking into his bright, gold eyes. The something was urging her to pull back on the fake smile and pretend, for his benifit. But, she didn't want to. It took too much strength to pretend that she wasn't going to fall to a million peices the minute Brad left.
"You're making this harder for me. I love you, and I already told you; that will never change. I will always love you." He said softly, his hand now cupping her face in a reassuring hand. Suddenly, Grace almost felt the need to laugh. All this time she had been trying to make it easier for him, but apparently it was better if all walls were broken down and they were left to be sad together. And she guessed he was right; this way neither of them would have regrets about not being fully open with the other.
They wasn't even a doubt about her feelings toward him; Grace doubted if all this sorrow could have orriginated from anything accept pure, passionate, true love. So, it didn't seem enough for her to just say 'I love you.' Thinking for the correct words, she didn't notice the shift in Brad's mood. He was leaving now. And she hadn't even said anything.
A hand went flying out to drag him back. Alas, she was too late. Either that or he was too fast for her. By the time her useless hand hit the roofs rough texture, her love had already hit the ground. Moving swiftly, Grace scooted towards the drop off from the roof. Her fingers curled under the drainpipe and she heard a metallic groan from the rusty object. Not really noticing it, she stared steadily down towards him.
" Be careful. I know the situation looks bad, but I have faith in you, Brad. If anyone can defeat Loren, it will be you," Grace said softly, her voice rich with feeling and.....faith. " And I do love you. I always have, and always will. Jenna and I were quite lucky when you decided to stop here. I don't know what I would have done if I'd never met you, Brad Grett."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven   A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A visit from some old friends? --- The Briggs Coven
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next